DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process, which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
For the pre-selection, ACMS will use the following eligibility criteria. Applicants:
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS (please see application information here).
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
- Proof of admission or application for admission at Wits/ACMS
Application deadline (pre-selection): 30 April 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021.
Email all queries and application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: